Numerous items and assets were damaged in Lagos due to a powerful explosion


Millions of naira worth of goods and properties were annihilated following a gas explosion that took place at a market located at Council Bus-Stop in the Idimu area of Lagos State.

Margaret Adeseye, the Director of Lagos State Fire and Rescue Services, revealed in a statement that the emergency call was received at approximately 2 pm on Saturday, December 23, 2023.

The fire originated from a gas cylinder leak in use at one of the shops, triggering an explosion that quickly spread to numerous other shops. The inferno engulfed seven lock-up shops, and vehicles parked in a nearby mechanic workshop were also consumed by the flames.

The Director of the Lagos State Fire and Rescue Service issued a statement confirming the incident: “Shops are on fire at a Market at Council Bus Stop which resulted from leakage of a gas cylinder in use at one of the shops, which led to an explosion and spread to several other shops.”

Firefighters from Ejigbo and Isolo stations, in collaboration with personnel from the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), the Lagos Neighbourhood Safety Corps (LNSC), and the Nigerian Police Force from Ikotun Division, are actively working to combat the flames.





WHATSAPP: Click HERE to join the D World Gist WhatsApp group to receive latest updates on your phone!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *